276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Year Unfolding: A Printmaker's View

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

A beautifully illustrated guide to nature through the seasons by much-loved printmaker Angela Harding. A Year Unfolding is Harding's first book and isbilled as both a celebration of her prints and a glimpse into her "detailed and meticulous" process. It will show a journey through the artist's year in nature and tell stories behind some of her most popular images. The beautiful illustrations and evocative imagery of the prose make this the perfect book for Angela’s fans and readers and art lovers everywhere.

A Year Unfolding is a journey through Angela's year in nature watching the seasons unfold in front of her from her studio in Rutland, and giving the reader detail into how nature transforms and evolves over the course of the year. The prize draw opens at 12:01 am BST on 09.09.2021 and closes at 11:59 pm BST on 03.11.2021. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the prize draw.A Year Unfolding also tells the stories behind some of Angela's most popular images, giving context to Angela's celebrated work, as well as new art created specifically for the book. The beautiful illustrations and evocative imagery of the prose make this the perfect book for Angela's fans and readers and art lovers everywhere.

Fiona Rose, senior commissioning editor, acquired world rights directly from the author. Publication is scheduled for 4th November 2021. Angela has created the covers for many bestselling books, including The Salt Path and The Wild Silence by Raynor Winn, October, October by Katya Balen, English Pastoral by James Rebanks, Christmas is Murder by Val McDermid and RSPB Birds among many others. I love all the British seasons, but of all of them, it is the energy of spring and early summer that inspires many of my images. I always try to bring movement into my work, so there is a natural fit with the bursts of new growth and new life you get at these times of year. Also, the intensity of colour, the fresh greens of the garden and hedgerow. Birds become so much part of our day in spring and early summer, in the beauty of their songs and in their mad dashing flight to build nests and find mates.A Year Unfolding also tells the stories behind some of Angela’s most popular images, giving context to Angela’s celebrated work, as well as new art created specifically for the book. This stunning work, the first book that is solely dedicated to Angela's art, is a celebration of her beautiful prints, and a glimpse into her detailed and meticulous process. The winner will be selected at random from the entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions by a member of Little, Brown Book Group, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. You’ve created many beautiful and striking book covers, including English Pastoral, The Wild Isles and The Salt Path. What is the process of creating these? Do you approach each project differently? Sphere has acquired A Year Unfolding: A Printmaker’s View, a "beautifully" illustrated guide to nature through the seasons by printmaker Angela Harding.

This book is beautiful. It center's around the author's gorgeous artwork, grouped by season, themed mostly around birds, trees and fields, with some hares and other wildlife. The hardcover edition I got is high-quality and full-color, a pretty thing to behold and flip through. All of us have moved so far from a proper connection with the natural world—our comforts come high on what we need or what we think we need. So if my prints are a small reminder of the fact that we are very much part of the natural world, I am honoured. We all cherish those moments when we spot a kingfisher or come across a hedgehog in the garden. I hope, in my work, I communicate some of that joy. So if these wonders of experience with nature are to continue and grow, we need to be reminded how special they are and how much we value them. A Year Unfolding is a journey through Angela’s year in nature watching the seasons unfold in front of her from her studio in Rutland, and giving the reader detail into how nature transforms and evolves over the course of the year. Nature Poets Series by John Keats and The Thought Fox by Ted Hughes (part of series of Hughes poetry). Other illustrators in this series include Sarah Young, Neil Bousfield, Mark Hearld and Angie Lewin. Both published by Faber & Faber. Presenting her pictures in seasonal themes, Angela also shares a favourite poem to evoke the mood and atmosphere then provides a short description of how the work was created.We begin by meeting Angela and finding out about her love of art and the countryside, from her time studying printmaking at Leicester and Nottingham to living in Rutland and sailing on the Suffolk coast. A Year Unfolding also tells the stories behind some of Angela's most popular images, giving context to Angela's celebrated work, as well as new art created specifically for the book. This stunning work, the first book that is solely dedicated to Angela’s art, is a celebration of her beautiful prints, and a glimpse into her detailed and meticulous process. The beautiful illustrations and evocative imagery of the prose make this the perfect book for Angela's fans and readers and art lovers everywhere.

A Year Unfolding: A Beautifully Illustrated Guide to Nature Through the Seasons is a stunning book by much-loved printmaker Angela Harding, the first solely dedicated to her art. It is a celebration of Angela’s beautiful prints and a glimpse into her detailed and meticulous process.

The cover of this stunning book has an exclusive triptych printed on the reverse – a perfect collector’s item She takes us to the places she enjoys visiting and how she gets her inspiration. And then we learn about her studio and the materials used to create her intricate and vibrant illustrations. The much-loved illustrator and printmaker, known to many of us for her greetings cards, advent calendars and the covers of 'The Salt Path' and 'English Pastoral', has produced her first book dedicated to her art. 'A Year Unfolding' takes us through a year of viewing the natural world from her studio in Rutland, and her travels in Britain.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment