276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Staedtler mars technico leadholder clutch pencil 2mm 780C

£13.965£27.93Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In the course of time, the KOH-I-NOOR pencils managed to achieve great success at a number of world exhibitions. A wooden pencil needs to be sharpened to expose the lead and will gradually become a little stump that is impossible to hold. From a company known for its quality products, Staedtler’s lead holder for tqo-millimeter leads is a solid and nicely balanced option. It also arrives preloaded with HB lead; you can refill it with Staedtler’s Mars leads, which come in a range of colors and grades.

Our personalised dog lead holders make the perfect gift for any dog lover or even as a present to your four legged friend! A couple of people have asked whether or not the Sketch Up will fit dip nibs other than the Kakimori conical-style nib.This high-quality leadholder ( or clutch pencil) from Staedtler is perfect for all forms of creative endeavours including drawing, sketching or writing.

If you have larger hands, you may want to pick up an E+M Workman Long Clutch Lead Holder instead, which is two inches longer. Designed for 2mm leads, the opening at the tip of this leadholder opens up to show several independent "arms" that grip the lead in place, allowing for unprecedented control of the length available at any given time. While I don’t really bother with sharpening when I’m using clutch pencils for highlighting because I like a broader edge, the cap contains a good lead pointer. The idea caught on, and the product has remained in the company’s lineup as one of its longest-running products.

The budget-friendly Uni Mitsubishi Lead Holder comes in ten different lead grades, making it an especially great choice for artists. The clutch mechanism is a bit clumsier than a standard mechanical pencil, and you need to sharpen a lead holder much like you need to sharpen a woodcase pencil. What I find interesting about this product is that the creators of the Sostanza appear to be trying to break the assumptions people have about clutch pencils and leadholders: people seem to assume that they are strictly artists' tools that are used for drawing.

There are also lead holders that advance lead via a twist mechanism, in which the lead comes out as you twist the extender. I have both the standard matte black Fixpencil with a black, red, or blue button, as well as the Fixpencil 884 or “JR”, which is the same size and comes in blue, red, and green.

The lead is moved by pressing the end cap with the pencil tilted at a downward angle, which opens the clamp to allow the lead advance. The Sketch Up serves as a nice, compact refillable highlighter that’s a more sustainable option than woodcase drylighters or plastic highlighter markers.

On the other hand, the clutch mechanism in a lead holder is able to grasp even that last little bit of lead. Those intended strictly for drawing and drafting tend to be heavier, and often feature metal knurling on the grip that some find uncomfortable when writing for longer sessions. Keep in mind that anyone can view public collections - they may also appear in recommendations and other places. The lead is moved by pressing the knob in leaned pencil position, which opens the clamp and the lead is slid out. Last year, the Tactile Turn Gist and the Namisu Nova really were the only two that piqued my interest in any way.

It does not feature a pocket clip, but because it has a short length, it fits easily in most pockets or pencil cases. An incremental lead advance mechanism prevents accidents, and the long taper of its tip discourages “choking up” on the pen, leading to more fluid movements when writing or drawing. Long story short, I haven't been monitoring Kickstarter as closely as I should have, and I would've missed the Sostanza clutch pencil entirely had the folks at Sotteranea Officina Sperimentale, a design studio located in Torino, Italy, not reached out and asked if I wanted to review their new project.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment