276°
Posted 20 hours ago

SAF Aranet4 Home: Wireless Indoor Air Quality Monitor for Office or School (CO2, Temperature, Humidity and More) Portable, Battery Powered, E-Ink Screen, App for Configuration & Data History

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is because this article is aimed entirely at users looking to pick up a consumer-level monitor. For one, the battery life is a bit too short, and, furthermore, you have to wait about five minutes after turning the device on to get an accurate reading. Perfect for individual use in the home or for larger facilities such as businesses, schools, factories and offices, they are extremely easy to install, use and maintain. While it houses a similar-length eight-hour battery, and its form factor is perfect for a portable device, it isn’t intended to be used on the go. This will allow the members of the staff or pupils themselves to act quickly and ventilate when the CO 2 levels rise above the acceptable level.

If a rooms CO2 Level is high and this high level has been produced by several people simply breathing, talking, coughing or sneezing, then this is a clear indication that Airborne Pathogens may be present. I haven’t yet encountered a limit for the length of data held, but you can export data up to one year old, so I believe the app retains one year of data. This is not a cheap gimmick it utilizes a precision NDIR sensor using infrared measurement technology that monitors the concentration of CO2 which you can’t see or smell. This section covers only proven respirators approved by organisations and bodies such as NIOSH or the European Standardisation Organisations. So, the higher CO 2 in the room, the more you’re breathing air that someone else has already exhaled.Now that we’ve discussed the rest of the device, we can move on to the most important aspect of the SmartAir CO2 Monitor’s design – the screen. While these are unnecessary on a carbon dioxide monitor, they are great on indoor air quality monitors. The INKBIRD IAM-T1 features a carbon dioxide sensor alongside temperature, relative humidity, and atmospheric pressure sensors. If you are in a place with lots of plants and it is daytime, it can go lower than that due to the plants consuming CO2, so probably don’t go into a forest when calibrating. Additionally the device can provide visual and sound notifications in case of the CO² concentration becomes unhealthy.

With a networked solution of up to 100 Aranet4 devices in a single long-range wireless network, it incorporates centralized data monitoring for a complete data overview. Both of these are fantastic devices, and when I heard that they had released a dedicated carbon dioxide monitor in collaboration with SmartAir, I was very excited. The Aranet4 Home’s NDIR CO2 sensor as a basic accuracy of 30PPM ± 3% of reading with a range 0 - 9999ppm. However, the SmartAir CO2 Monitor also has its own benefits – for one, using a rechargeable battery means you never need to worry about purchasing more AA batteries. It continually records this information to its integral memory and at any time you can download this information to your smart phone/tablet using the Aranet4 App and view a full weeks’ worth of data.Btw, is the device accesible via app remotely (let’s say via cellular data), if the device is at home/office and connected to WiFi?

Therefore, while most users won’t need to use the web dashboard, it’s a great low-cost option for anyone who needs to monitor multiple rooms simultaneously. The screen is not great, and I wish they would replace it with an E-ink screen similar to many other carbon dioxide monitors. With that said, even with more findings constantly coming to light, we already know that monitoring carbon dioxide is critical. Therefore, while some companies will heavily advertise their usage of a dual-beam sensor, it’s far from an essential feature. While there are a lot of similarities between these devices, we begin to see an end to the similarities when looking at the top of the device.These investigations resulted in the eponymous Pettenkofer number, which sets a maximum acceptable value of 1,000 ppm for indoor spaces. I feel that it’s either to improve battery life or because the device is intended to be a static, wall-mounted monitor first and a portable monitor second.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment