276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Incendiary (Hollow Crown)

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I think your novels can definitely help the evils of the world (even if only by changing one readers opinion of a person/idea).

Every day, I was with your book in my hand, and page after page I started thinking that even the city I love the most isn’t perfect.I thank Udo from the bottom of my heart for causing me to find this new way to serve and so broaden my creative pupose/vision.

She sees herself and many others share her viewpoint as only being a weapon to be utilised, a loose cannon whose fuse is burning up. I think that’s what I found so disturbing about your novel and your view that the working classes are more expendable than the middle. I feel powerless to stop all the evil in this world so I go about my business daily trying to make a difference for my family and friends.As a Robari, the rarest and most feared of the magical Moria, Renata’s ability to steal memories from royal enemies enabled the King’s Wrath, a siege that resulted in the deaths of thousands of her own people. Now Renata is one of the Whispers, rebel spies working against the crown and helping the remaining Moria escape the kingdom bent on their destruction. As a memory thief, the rarest and most feared of the magical Moria, she was used to carry out the King’s Wrath, a siege that resulted in the deaths of thousands of her own people. It’s for this reason that the point of view is, and has to be, determinedly hers, a perspective characterised by her position as perpetual outsider.

I remember the panic, the sorrow, the intense feeling of both grief and despair as if that event occurred yesterday. For all the toughness of Cleave's language, his self-congratulatory vernacular, Incendiary is sunk in bathos. When it comes to naming places, you should definitely ensure that they don’t sound too similar to any character name or name of anything else in your novel as I kept getting super confused between Memoria (name of a place) and Moria (name used for people who had magic). I drafted Incendiary during six insomniac weeks in the spring of 2004, when my first child was six months old and I looked with horror at the world he was growing up into. The narrator’s feeling for husband and son are simply props in a series of scenes written for a bad actress.We see her struggle through all the stolen memories she holds inside, memories which can force their way into her mind and are impossible to predict. I am not saying Muslims didn't get a lot of unfair backlash but I am saying that truth needs to read as truth, not your agenda driven attempt at getting me to react to something. This is a masterful, skillfully controlled piece of work which feels so plausible, and is terrifying and touching at the same time, with brilliant satirical references to popular culture.

Stolen from her home as a child to be the toy of the Emperor she is rescued at an early age by the Whispers, revolutionary Moria who fight back against the Kingdom that tries to hold them down. This is my very first time to leave a message for an author even though I am an avid reader and a memebr of a super book club for over 2 years. A young mother's life is blown apart when her husband and four-year-old son are killed during a bombing at a football match. Córdova builds up action in subtle moments in the background, but her focus is always on our complex and intriguing heroine, who I am excited to see grow even more in the sequel. In addition to writing novels, she serves on the Board of We Need Diverse Books, and is the co-editor of the bestselling anthology Vampires Never Get Old, as well as the cohost of the writing podcast, Deadline City.

Just finished Incendiary on the train to work after just a few days of not being able to put it down. It was easy to summon her in my imagination, visualize her flat, see her walking the streets shell shocked, drunk or simply lost. Sure, maybe it's only a framing device so she can get all this off her chest, but it's not employed to very good effect.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment